Skip to content

Gospel Works in Our Work to Realign Us

The fact of the matter is…WORK is a four-letter word. The Bible tells us not to let any unwholesome talk come from our mouths, but every morning we wake up, say goodbye to our loved ones and utter the dastardly phrase, “I’m off to WORK!” We call ourselves Christians and Christ-followers, but we use this four-letter word like the lead actor in a Quentin Tarantino film. Work, work, work! The research shows that 54% of Americans are happy with their work. They are finding satisfaction and contentment in their 9-5 toil. But what about the other 46%? That’s still a massively large number of people who fully support the idea of WORK being added to the list of “four-letter words”. But what if I told you there is a better way?

What if work wasn’t a bad word, but instead was wrapped in meaning, freedom, and community? What if your 9-5 integrated seamlessly into your full 24? Perhaps, what the 46% need is a realignment, and the 54% need a refinement. Day one of the creation of the universe was filled with WORK, and GOD was the one doing all the heavy lifting. Before you say, “Well, that’s God”, you should remember that you are made in his image. So how do the image-bearers of the LORD GOD view WORK? Please join me on Sunday so we can see what God’s word tells us about work and how the redeeming gospel can redeem your daily grind.

I’ll even throw in a cup of free coffee. You don’t even have to work for it…or do you? 🙂

Recent Articles

español