July 30, 2012 |
Just Like Elijah
“Can I have a legacy of fire?”
July 29, 2012
Chris Case (Resonate, Atlanta)
- Why do you think Elisha was so devoted to Elijah in this passage?
- Why do you think Elijah continued to ask Elisha to stay behind? Why did he refuse?How would you describe the relationship between the two men?
- If you were in Elisha’s shoes, how would you feel about being all alone after Elijah was taken to heaven?
- What do you think is the meaning behind Elisha putting on the discarded clothes of Elijah? How was he empowered to continue Elijah’s ministry?
- Elijah is one of two men in scripture who do not experience death (2 Kings 2:1-18). How does this contribute to the esteem held for the prophet Elijah? (Consider also Mal 4:5, Matt 11:14, 16:14, 17:3) What hope can this give us?
- What is the significance of Gilgal? Bethel? Jericho? The parting of the river? What would each of those places mean for a Jew? How is Jesus a better version or a fulfillment of what happened at each of those places? How has He done that in your life?