We are redeemed messy people pointing other messy people to the gospel of Jesus.
To redeem lives, families, communities, and our world through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Love People One at a Time (Relationships)
- Every individual bears the image of God. Therefore, we will perpetuate the inclusive nature of God’s family by loving all people with dignity, respect, and honor.
Feed People the Word of God (Spiritual Growth)
- The Bible, the word of God, is the final authority. Therefore, we will present it clearly, creatively, and consistently for spiritual nourishment and growth.
Connect People to God through Prayer and Worship (Intimacy)
- Through Christ, we have full access to our heavenly Father by His Spirit. Therefore, we will encourage personal and public pursuits of encountering God.
Motivate People to Serve (Humility)
- God is glorified through the redemption of lives, communities, and the world. Therefore, embracing the mind of Christ, we will join Him in sacrificial service to the kingdom of heaven.
Watch a 2017 Documentary on Cumberland's History
Good food and familiar faces - that is exactly what a family dinner is all about! More importantly, it is exactly what God has in mind for our Cumberland Church family. The table provides a central location from which we can all find the nourishment we need, but it also serves as a platform from which we can offer goodness to others. This is central to our being. To maintain it, we must commit to 4 keys:
- Love People One at a Time
- Feed People the Word of God.
- Connect People to God Through Prayer and Worship
- Motivate People to Serve.
At the table, we can all give and receive, serve and be served, love and be loved - by means of a gracious God who generously provides for us all.